??? Research & Knowledge Accelerating the Growth of Businesses Owned by Women of Color FAQ
What is a research forum?
Research forums are events where women-of-color entrepreneurs gather to discuss their business experiences with one another and with business experts and researchers. The event is interactive and instructional, where women business owners of color provide insight and gain valuable and practical knowledge through their work during the day. In these one-day forums:
- Researchers will share a case study that was developed specifically for this project. Featuring a prominent and highly successful woman business owner of color, the case study provides an in-depth look at events, data, and information that shaped experiences and results.
- Participants will work independently and in small and large groups to discuss questions (which are provided prior to the event for thought generation) focused on uncovering the challenges that women-of-color entrepreneurs face in business growth based on their own first-hand knowledge.
- Efforts are made to match participants up with other women at similar levels of revenues and stages of business.
- Participants will have the opportunity to network with corporate executive sponsors, experts and others in a concluding reception.
- Women-of-color entrepreneurs will develop action steps to overcome their most significant challenges to business growth.
- This is equivalent to a $3,000 educational opportunity.
The generosity of the research sponsors allows us to provide this opportunity to you at no cost!